Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've been Officially My Mother (er Father) -ed!

Ever since I officially started Spaghetti and Meatball, I've been blessed with virtually meeting mommy bloggers on several sites. JustMommies and TwitterMoms to name a few, have been great communities where I've found other mommy bloggers with such inspiring, engaging, funny and relatable stories. One of these mommies is Robin from Officially My Mother!

Robin is awesome at engaging her readers by having them submit their own experiences about when they officially turned into their parents. (Who would've thought!?!)

Check out my submission below!


My officially my mother moment (actually my father) moment:

My dad hates when I or any of us in the family waste food. Just hates it. I assume it’s from growing up in near poverty in the Philippines and now having all he could ever want here. But still he hates it.
Case in point: he and my mother will take my family’s leftovers from our house (6 hours away) to his dogs back home if the leftovers are close to being perishable. Just so he won’t feel like it’s going in the trash. He’ll even remark, “What? You don’t like that anymore!?! It’s so good! Sayang!” (which means waste in Filipino) 
So last week as I was watching my girls finish their dinner, my 8-year-old daughter, Meatball was eating only the leafy part of her bok choy (kinda like an Asian version of spinach). I asked her if she was going to eat it and she said no. I told her what a waste it was, grabbed it off her plate and ate all her half eaten vegetables… then realized I turned into my father. =/

Cheers to our new follow-ship!

1 comment: