Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Momma Mina Loves The Electric Company

"Heeyyy you guuuyyysss!!!"

It's about time! Being a veteran mother serving about 8 years now I've had my fair share of Dora the Explorer, Blue's Clues, Oswald and Caillou. Granted, all are decent shows but of course they are children's shows and after three episodes of any of the above on repeat just about makes me want to bang my head against the wall, like a good friend of mine once said, until I can't feel feelings (Note: Barney only takes 1 but more on that in another post). Most television shows have a very short shelf life so I like to sprinkle in a little of the classics as well like Sesame Street. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard that PBS was reviving The Electric Company!!

In its second season, The Electric Company is geared for older children (5-10 years). With a multicultural cast, a slew of celebrity appearances (see below), and a hip, urban vibe, The Electric Company packs music, dance, arts, grammar and reading into 25 minutes of pure enjoyment. The Meatball enjoys rapping about homonyms and synonyms and I get to bob my head and be a wannabe cool mom to LL Cool J all at the same time! What!?! 


LL Cool J raps



NeYo croons


Lin Manuel Miranda (of In The Heights fame) breaks it down


G'head now, plug it in!

1 comment: