Monday, June 28, 2010

Don't wake the sleeping toddler

Spaghetti is not a sleeper. Right now, she is currently asleep in the hallway since she is not a sleeper. Ever since the Meatball left for the summer (more on that in another post), Pretty Pants and I have been struggling to get our rambunctious toddler on a sleeping routine.

It was easier during the school year as the Meatball and Spaghetti would sleep together. But now that she's all by her lone self, adding the fact that Spaghetti is a light close to non-sleeper, all free time in the evening has been lost to trying to put Spaghetti to sleep. For the last 30 days, we've tried them all: coercion, threats, routine, even falling asleep beside her... none of them seem to work consistently.

So for now, I give up. Today, I'll scoop her up off the floor after I've had my 'me' time and tuck her away in her bed. Because most times, life like an eager toddler, does not want to fit into a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment